Ah…the cheeseboard, an essential part of Christmas Dinner. Whether it’s a small cheese triangle, a block of smelly stilton or a giant wedge of brie, it’s always the perfect end to the Christmas meal.
Be careful with giving your pets an excessive amount of cheese – some pets can be allergic to dairy products. And as previously mentioned, mouldy items are a definite no-go area for our precious pups. Most often, cheeseboards are decorated with gloriously ripe grapes and these are highly toxic to dogs. Ensure that no one sneaks a splendid slice of stilton or a gorgeous green grape (or a rosy red one!) to your dog while you’re not looking.
If your dogs shows any signs of having ingested these items; shaking, vomiting, lethargy; seek veterinary treatment as soon as you possibly can.